A cut above the rest
Lawn mowing the intelligent way
- Worx Europe
- Amazon Alexa Skill, Google Action
As the most agile robotic lawnmower on the market, Worx Landroid also travels through narrow passages that other robots can not reach or get stuck in. And thanks to its modular design, Landroid robotic lawnmowers can be supplemented with features such as an anti-theft or anti-collision system.
Since additional modules are not everyone's preferred choice, Worx Landroid offers continuous software development for its models. And their goal was to develop a language integration that works equally well on both platforms, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Designed for those who want to have their life a little easier.
Our solution was to implement a custom skill integration for Amazon and a smart home Integration for the Google Assistant.
Thanks to continuous development of the language model, the Landroid can be controlled on both platforms in five languages. We have implemented the following areas:
- Concepting the conversational design and fullfilment of the custom Amazon Alexa Skill in node.js
- Developing the smart home skill and fulfillment in node.js
- Account linking through Landroid's oAuth2 interface
- Internationalization of the language model in French, English, Italian and Spanish
Our developed Amazon Skill and Google Action are compatible with any Landroid as long as it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. When starting the robotic lawnmower, the user receives information about the status of the device (state of charge, location) and can choose from various available options including mowing the lawn.